EnJOYing your Hammock
After you hang your hammock, following the installation instructions, it is easy to use. You will notice that when the hammock hangs, the “Head” or “Tied” side is slightly higher than the “Bottom” or “Untied” side. It is at a slight incline to provide the elevation necessary to prevent reflux and give baby an elevated resting place without need for blankets or other props. This is the “head” end of the hammock where you will place your baby’s head. The tie for this end will always remain closed when baby is in the hammock. You may choose to untie either end when placing the baby in the hammock, however, once baby is in the hammock be sure to re-tie.
Installing your Hammock
Please read the following instructions and installation information carefully so your baby is always kept safe. Hardware included. To purchase additional hardware, visit our shop page.
- 1 Welded steel ring (attached): Weight bearing to 200 pounds
- 1 Extension spring: Maximum working load 85 pounds
- 1 Eye screw: 3/8″ x 3.75″: Weight bearing to 120 pounds
- 1 Safety spring snap link 1/4″ opening: Weight bearing to 100 pounds
- 1 Chain link: 1″ x 12″: Weight bearing to 340 pounds
*Use your chain link to adjust the height of your hammock.
To install, you will need:
- Eye screw(s) (1 included)
- Power drill with 3/16 inch drill bit
- Tape measure
- An electronic stud finder to insure proper installation
Steps for proper installation:
- Determine room and area that will be most convenient.
- In homes with drywall, use a stud finder or professional to determine the exact location of the ceiling joint. If in doubt, seek professional assistance.
- Pre-drill a 3/16-inch pilot hole, 1.5 to 2 inches deep. Insert eye lag and turn until flush with the support surface. Placing a screwdriver or similar object through the eye of the eye lag is recommended for extra leverage when screwing it in.
- Test with weight in excess of that of a child and make sure the eye lag is screwed straight into joist.
- Attach the Special Delivery Baby Hammock using the snap link and chain to obtain the desired length. ENJOY!
Choose the perfect room or door way to hang your hammock. Insure that the hammock has a clear space where it is hung, so that it will not bang against any objects, walls, or doors.
Laundering and Re-Tying Your Hammock
All of our hammocks are made out of your choice of breathable cotton. When washing, simply remove the separator wood, unhook from the spring and wash the entire hammock with the hanging ring folded into the fabric and tied off with its ribbon to avoid metal to metal contact in your washer. We recommend that the hammock be line dried, however, if you wish to tumble dry, be certain that the metal ring is adequately secured within the fabric to prevent metal to metal contact in the dryer. Dry on low heat.