The kettle is on, the steam is rising, the whistle announces it’s time to pour. The rich smell of Peppermint fills the kitchen and right then and there l know that all is right with the world.
For just a moment I allow the billows of steam to fill me, opening my respiratory passages and delivering a soothing calm throughout my body.
Cup poured after a 5-10 minute steep and I find my quiet place and gaze out into the beauty of the world, refreshing myself, calming my nervous system, easing digestion and ever so gently releasing any tensions that may have cluttered my mind and made my head ache.
Later I will sink into a hot bath, with 4 drops of Peppermint Essential oil and the same amount of Lavender, nicely complimenting the ¼ cup of baking soda I added.
Smiling….Life is rich, Mind is free, All is Well!
All of this in this unassuming little plant:
- Antibacterial and antiviral properties, which nicely help support your Immune System,
- Provides mental clarity, as research confirms that Peppermint aids in the performance of complex tasks and helps ease mental fatigue.
- Relieves digestive upsets through its relaxing effects on the digestive system.
- A powerful antioxidant, full of phytonutrients, vitamins & minerals that deliver antioxidant properties & strengthen your body Immune System.
- Relieves headaches, as Menthol, the active ingredient in Peppermint, has been shown to be a safe & effective remedy for headaches and migraines.
What are you waiting for? It’s Clear…Morning, noon or night, bring Peppermint into your life!!
Peace & Blessings, Dr. Patricia