In all ways…Know that your body’s Immune System is designed to protect and preserve your Health!
There are built in systems to Life. With absolutely no external directive, a seed carries a pattern for delivering it’s gift to the world. Whether fruit or flower, animal or vegetable … the pattern has been encoded, waiting for the right conditions to bring it forth.
It is the same with the Systems within our bodies; including the ever-miraculous and amazing Immune System.
Fun facts about your Immune System
Your immune system protects against disease, infection, & helps you recover after an injury.
- Five liters of blood and lymph, power your Immune System.
- White blood cells: include phagocytes & lymphocytes.
- Phagocytes can move through your blood vessels & tissue to ingest or absorb invaders. Phagocytes target organisms that cause disease & toxins, which are natural poisons produced by some organisms as a form of protection.
- Lymphocytes include specialized cells; B cells, T cells, & Natural killer cells.
- B cells create antibodies that attack bacteria, viruses, & toxins that enter the body. Each pathogen carries a specific type of antigen, & each lymphocyte in your body carries antibodies meant to fight the antigens carried by pathogens.
- T cells kill cells in the body that have been overtaken by viruses or that have become cancerous.
- Natural killer cells kill infected or cancerous cells. But instead of producing antibodies, they make a special enzyme, or chemical, that kills the cells.
- Your body creates new antibodies whenever it’s infected with a new antigen. If the same antigen infects you a second time, your body can quickly make copies of the corresponding antibody to destroy it.
- A single drop of blood can contain up to 25,000 white blood cells.
Jump for Joy, Laugh with Family & Friends, Celebrate this Life and Shine with the Sun! All important elements of having a strong Immune System! My next blog will spell out the 5 Easy Pieces to having a Strong Immune System!
Remember…Knowledge is Power. As parents and caregivers, it is so important to work from a foundation of knowledge and watch your Keiki Thrive!
Don’t forget to subscribe to our email, so you will always be informed as I continue to provide more in-depth information about supporting your Immune System, eating Real Food and Living the Life of your Dreams!
Mahalo nui loa!
Peace & Blessings,