Bursting with freshness and flavor
Waking up your taste buds and senses and putting a smile on your face
These amazing fruits really are the Apple of my eye!!
Today make a commitment to YOU! Eat one apple every day for the next month…go on you can do it! This is your first step into your highest health. And if you really can’t help yourself…go ahead and eat 2 or 3…I mean really…they are THAT good!
I could write volumes on the health benefits of apples. However, I have boiled it all down to a few simple things…
- First and foremost, they are just so darn delicious! And that is the starting point of any great diet! Eat food that makes you smile. Apples are packed with juicy wonder and spark a million fabulous memories!
- And your smile will only get brighter, because biting and chewing an apple stimulates the production of saliva in your mouth, and saliva reduces tooth decay by lowering the levels of bacteria.
- Life is all about balance! And apples support a healthy balance in bacterial populations in the digestive tract. Beyond the numerous polyphenols that apples provide with well-known metabolic benefits, we now know that our gut bacteria can interact with apple polyphenols and convert them into related phytonutrients and provide additional health benefits.
- The powerful antioxidant benefits of apples reaches into all systems of the body, including the cardiovascular and neurological.
- And talk about balance…The soluble fiber in apples is key to maintaining blood sugar balance, and avoiding the swings that characterize diabetes.
- Furthermore, that same soluble fiber binds fats in the intestines, which reduces cholesterol. Beyond that, research indicates that the phenolic compound found in apple skins also prevents the cholesterol that gets into your system from solidifying on your
Go ahead,..indulge yourself and commit to eating one apple everyday!
“An Apple a Day, Is YOUR Healthy mainstay! “
Peace & Blessings, Dr. Patricia